Sunday, November 17, 2013

Half Way There!!

We have officially made the 1/2 way point on our journey together, and then some!  In about 18 weeks we get to meet our li'l cupcake.  I think for the first time I am finally feeling the pressure to get everything ready for her arrival.  We are in the process of picking out furniture for the nursery, and have already picked out the paint colors we will need.  Now it's time to get started.

The first half of this pregnancy seemed to take forever!  I guess it was all the nerves of this being my first pregnancy, hoping that nothing goes wrong in those first delicate weeks, waiting for all the prenatal testing to come out okay, waiting to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl.  But now that everything seems to be going smoothly, and we know our princess is on her way, this past month has flown by.  So I know it's time to kick into high gear with the decorating and preparations.  Add that to the holiday season in full swing, and I'm feeling a little anxious that I may not get it all done.  But, I've never been one to back down from a challenge, so I say "bring it on!" :)

We also decided to expand our family even sooner than expected.  Meet Dexter, we adopted him from Animal Rescue Recon on October 27th.  He is a 1 year old Miniature Pinscher, and we think chihuahua mix.  He has some anxiety issues, but has made a lot of progress in our home.  We think he has been a great addition so far, and will be best buddies with our li'l girl.  I'm still trying to convince Kama to let us add one more dog, keep checking back to see what happens.  


Some updates from the last 3 weeks:

  • I am feeling baby girl move...a lot.  I actually said on the last post that I hadn't felt her, but I was feeling flutters and didn't realize it was her.  Now that I feel her more often, and know what it is, I think I started feeling her around the 18 week mark.  She is actually moving as I type this :)
  • I got my first leg cramp this morning (a common occurrence in pregnancy), and had to wake up Kama to help stretch out my calf.  Oh man did that hurt!  Note to self: may want to reconsider that whole natural birth business 
  • 7lbs of baby weight so far.  It's amazing how your body prepares for this miracle.
  • Still no food cravings or aversions, I keep counting my blessings that I have had an easy pregnancy.
Well, that is all I have for now.  Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment